Tinh was able to get almost 5000 visitors to his one month old blog and he also makes over $2000 consistently from affiliate marketing, only from one blog – Read this interview carefully, there is a lot to learn from it!
This interview is here and it will be teaching you the following:
1. How to get tons of traffic to your new blog.
2. How to make thousands of dollars in affiliate sales.
3. How to get the best from your blog and many more…
1. Great Tinh, many of my readers would know you but for those who
don’t, can you pls introduce yourself?
I am Tran Van Tinh but you guys should call me “Tinh”. I am a disabled blogger who is married with a son. I have started blogging and making money online for about 7 years now.
2. Why did you start blogging?
Let me go directly into the question:
– I thought that blogging was the best way that could help improve my English especially my writing skills.
– I would love to make more friends from internet and the best way was to use blog as a tool to do so. At the time of my first blogging works started, there was no Facebook or social networks…
– I wanted to generate some money to cover my study and shared workload with my family. You know that I had to study in University with my own generated money from internet for about 3 years of 4. But, this was not what I intended to go for when I started blogging but it came naturally J
3. When trying to make money online, do you think blogging is the way to go?
Blogging is not the only way that you can make money online. There are a lot of bloggers who rarely blog but they can still make a lot of money. They have their own expertise in terms of designing, SEO, marketing and they provide either offline or online services.
However, I do not have any special expertise then I chose blogging to both learning more knowledge and making money online at the same time. With that said, I feel confident in SEO and marketing now and blogging is my own way. You can choose whatever ways you would like to go with based on your experiences and expertise. You should do a self-assessment to have right decision.
4. You recently started a new blog (azblogtips) and you were able to
get almost 5000 visitors its first month, how did you do this?
It is hard to say in a short paragraph but in general, I can share several tutorials that I have applied when starting Blogreloaded.com as below:
– Have your blog well-designed or hire a designer to do it for you and you have more time for optimize contents and traffic.
– Submit to Google and other major search engines, this is very important as I have seen that over 80% traffic are from SEs like Google. You can use IBP software to boost this process.
– Install some plugins that ease your blogging work: You can search around this blog or Google to get the right ones such as All in One SEO Pack, XML Sitemap Generator, SEO friendly image, SEO booster pro (paid version or free are okie).
– Submit your blog to directory sites. There are a lot of directory sites out there that I can not say it here. However, you must submit your blog to Technorati. Why I say MUST? If your new blog is approved and has some authority there, your ranking and traffic is boosted soon. My new blog now has authority score of 437 which is higher than many other established sites.
– Blog commenting: Many of bloggers are lazy and think that they can create compelling contents and the traffic will automatically come. No, it is not like that. You need to interact with your friends, building up relationships….and the best way is to commenting on other blogs of your niches.
– Guest blogging: You hear a lot about this but few of them have done this way. If you think you do not need to do this, you have made a big mistake! Search around here to get more ideas o how to guest blog…I have done several and it helped my new blog very much in terms of traffic and ranking too. See it here.
– There are many more but I can not share all to keep my interview as short as it should be. The more details will be shared in next posts either here or on my blog J
5. Building your first blog from ground to where it was, was it easy?
Before answering the question, I just want to remind those who has new blog like me “Be patient and consistent in your blogging journey as success will never come fast”. It was indeed challenging.
In the blogosphere, no traffic, no ranking means nothing! Your voice will not fairly heard and you can not sell advertisements either. I mean nothing! So, you need to be patient and consistent in your long-term strategy. I have been very patient when I started my new blog too.
Another thing is “belief”, you should keep it and never lose it. Without belief, you will go nowhere!
6. Would you say your knowledge when building eblogtip contributed to
Frankly, yes but not all. I have used some techniques which have been applied to bring my ex-blog to high level and sold it out. These lessons learnt have been deployed for Blogreloaded with some improvement and it worked at least now.
7. You make over $2000 monthly from affiliate marketing, how are you
able to do this?
There are many things you have to do to reach that milestone o even pass it in the future. Affiliate marketing is not like what you have done with PPC or CPC, it needs a special skills to convince your readers to buy through your affiliate links.
There are some ways that needs to be considered:
– Review on the product that you want to promote
– Utilize your social networking sites such as twitter or facebook
– Rotate banner, use coupon, list builder or even offer free support when your readers use your affiliate links to buy services or product. I will share my 11 secrets that help me earn over $1,500/3 months from CJ on Aug. 26 GMT+7 on my blog as promised.
– Use plugin to support like Ninja affiliate, MaxBlogPress Banner Ads, GoCode
No one can tell you that you can make this amount by these techniques as there are some other supporting factors that affect your revenue such as traffic (targeted), your time investment, your niche….If you follow all of them and try to do it in the most innovative way with some patience, you can pass my milestone soon.
8. Do you think a lot of traffic is instrumental to making money
online from affiliate marketing?
Traffic matters not only for PPC or CPC but also matters for affiliate marketing. However, as I have mentioned above, traffic matters but it is not all you need. You need 100 targeted & quality traffic rather than 1,000 untargeted traffic. Targeted traffic really matters for affiliate marketing.
But, it is not all you need! You should follow all guides above with a consistent strategy, I am sure your conversion rate will be higher. If your adsense earning is lower than $100/month. One sale from affiliate marketing can be higher than that J
9. How do you know if a product is great for you to promote it?
There are many factors to decide which is a great or bad product. You should consider your niche, your audience habit (maybe using poll on your sidebar like problogger.net) and analyse your Google analytics traffic data to choose the most appropriate products to promote.
There are many ways to know how and why my readers will likely buy this but not that. Your data says it all. If your readers are medium size with low-budget, you should focus on the promotional campaigns or provide coupons to encourage them to proceed to checkout page.
No all hot products can easily be sold! Another note to you that keeping a close eye to your readers’ comments as you can find out what your readers need to provide relevant products with high possibility of conversion. I have done this successfully!
10. You are a very dedicated blogger, are you born this way or you
cultivated the habit?
No, I was born in a poor countryside of Vietnam where there is not internet and computer. I have just seen the computer and internet in 1999 when I was 2nd year student. My life has been changed since then J
11. Do you believe everybody can make money online?
Yes, I do believe that you guys can make money online.
12. What was your biggest challenge with making money online?
Belief is the biggest challenge when making money online. Many bloggers quit before getting success. They are not patient enough and afraid of failure. That is why I would advise that all bloggers much have strong belief that they can make it!
13. Many of my readers are beginners who have not started, what will
be your advice to them when trying to make money online?
My advice are almost mentioned in above answers and you should read carefully to get all points in order to make money online with your blog J
Another advice is that you should make a list of several websites for regular reading such as this blog, famousbloggers.net, azblogtips.com, technshare.com, shoutmeloud.com….to get more advice from experts and experienced bloggers too.
14. How do you get most of your blog traffic?
I have earned most of traffic from these sources: SEO, blog commenting, guest blogging, interacting with friends on different forums like WebmasterWorld, DP Forums and social networking sites and bookmarking sites.
Submission to directory sites can also bring some proportion of my traffic so far.
15. My readers will love to learn from you, can you tell them about
your sites and products?
I have several sites and Blogreloaded.com is the only one that I write by myself. The other sites and forums are users-generated sites that monetize with adsense. I do apologize for not sharing those sites now to avoid fraudulent clicks from my competitors. That does not mean I don’t trust you but it is because Google can ban my adsense account anytime with strange activities. I hope you understand my situation.
There are a lot of products I have promoted and made a lot of sales and leads like Magic Members, Jumpline, HostGator, JustHost, Thesis, HeadWay Themes, BlueHost…you can see more at my deals or hosting page.
My last advice is: Don’t stick to one product/service, you should explore more to provide your readers more options for choice.
Thanks for reading my interview and happy to hear from you all!
Visit Tinh’s Blog!
You can visit Tinh’s blog where he shares with you how he makes $2000 in affiliate sales monthly at http://www.blogreloaded.com.