We are now in a world where we can no longer depend on education. We are now in a world where only the smart survives.
Below are 7 great tips for aspiring entrepreneurs.
1. Dream Big: You cannot be limited by any thing (not one) except your goal. What is your goal? Great entrepreneurs have great goals different from that most people have, they have unique goals, their goals do not resonate with others. They have unique goals, I mean big goals. Aspiring entrepreneurs should not underestimate the power of a goal, your future can be affected by how you think, your future can be affected by the type of goals you have. You just have to dream big.
When you have big goals, don’t expect everybody to agree with you. Some people will believe you are proud, some people will believe you are stupid, you don’t know what life means and that is why you are saying things that are impossible (at least to them).
Look at it, not a single successful entrepreneur, I mean not one, has a life that resonates with other. It is either he/she is a school drop out or he/she has a clash with close relatives just because of his/her goals.
When you have a big goal, I can assure you, not everybody will be happy with you, not even the ones you think will.
I say it boldly, success is not about going to school, you have to think out of the box, you must have a great goal that people deem impossible, you have to be different.
People dream big, yes, people dream big. I discovered Maren Kate’s blog recently (in an attempt to guest post for her), and I can tell you, you can never apply all her advice without being successful. She has great goals, goals different from that of the world.
2. Get Started: I can tell you this is the problem most people face. Both young and old. Entrepreneurs are always afraid of getting started, they are afraid of what the results will be and what people will say. If you have the best dreams man can ever have, if you have the best entrepreneurial mind, without taking action, you can never (and I mean never) achieve anything.
You might plan in investing because you see a bright future ahead of that investment, if you don’t get started just for the fear of loosing your money, you can hardly achieve anything.
It doesn’t matter how unpromising the future might be, it doesn’t matter how many people are against you, it doesn’t matter what people are saying. Forget about those things, GET STARTED.
Your starting point is the major problem you can ever face, once this problem has been overcome, all other things are easy, I mean easy.
3. Take Risks: This is the bitter truth, every successful people take risks. Every successful people have to sacrifice one thing or the other that is most dear to them at one point or the other.
You might have to sacrifice your money,your sleep or just any other thing. You MUST sacrifice something. You cannot receive without giving.
Many entrepreneurs are afraid of taking risks, the risks you take are very important for your future, they make your success story more interesting, they add to your experience and they help increase your wisdom so that you will know what to do and what not to do.
You have to take risks.
4. Network: Successful entrepreneurs have friends, in fact, they have more friends than they can remember.
Aspiring entrepreneurs must be able to network with both young and old, great and small. The number of friends you have will determine a lot about you, the type of friends you have will determine even more.
If you have lots of old, successful people as your friends, they will share with you their experiences, they will let you know how the journey looks like, they will give you insights into what you are likely to experience. If you have lots of small, young and upcoming entrepreneurs, they will let you know their fears, they will let you know their mind, the ideas you get from them can be further used for developing your product or for starting a course. They will see you as a leader and an expert which will make you more of an authority. The old successful entrepreneurs will also connect you with many influential people who can have a lifetime impact on you, they will help you achieve far more than you can think in a short period of time. Network with others, Have friends.
5. Encouragement: As an aspiring entrepreneur, you need encouragement, you need courage and not just discouragement and words of impossibility.
You can achieve anything. try to isolate yourself from those who are always discouraging you, from those trying to tell you that your dream is not achievable. Try to move yourself nearer to those who are always encouraging you with kind words, those who are telling you that you can do it, they believe in you.
A word of discouragement can affect your life for a very long time, a single word of encouragement might be what is needed to keep going.
You can achieve it, but some people are always there to let you believe otherwise, your dream is too big for them and you will notice most of them are UNSUCCESSFUL. They are DANGEROUS, don’t let them discourage you.
Believe me, you have a brighter future than them.
6. Your Mistakes: Knowing fully well that you are not perfect, don’t try to pretend you are, don’t try to forget and neglect your mistakes, learn from them. Carefully examine what brings about the mistake, what is the main cause and look for ways to avoid it.
We all have mistakes, those we made intentionally and unintentionally. Pretending as if you don’t have a mistake or pretending not to see your mistakes will gradually destroy you. That mistake that you saw and pretended not to see will eventually be the one to swallow you. Why pretend? Learn from your mistakes.
7. Analysis: Successful entrepreneurs analyze. You setup a series of campaign, you just discovered success is coming. Are you trying to find out what is the major source of the success? You spent money on this and that, you got overall success. Are you trying to know where your money is being spent right? You guest post on blogs, you comment on blogs, you write and submit articles to article directories but because others do these and are successful with these you concluded it is for you.
What works for one might not work for the other, try to analyze where your success is coming from. Where are your visitors coming from? Over 60% of my traffic comes from referring sites due to the number of guest posts I have written, you mustn’t necessarily believe guest posting is for you.
If the majority of your traffic is coming from the search engines, try to optimize your site more for search engines rather than blatantly doing what others do.
Do not underestimate the power of analysis, those data in your traffic log, they are not just there, not just for you to know the number of visitors to your blog that day but for you to know where your success is coming from and how you can improve on it.