Why not get my free ebook on how to build a better website?
We all know the internet is now full of blogs with so many bloggers trying to dominate the blogosphere, expecting luck to smile on them soon so that they too will become popular soon. It is very funny that the majority of these bloggers don’t even become what we can call a success and eventually abandon their blogs in a matter of months.
Below are 7 reasons why bloggers fail.
1. Lack of Passion: Lack of passion is one of the major reasons why most bloggers fail online, they don’t have any passion for blogging, and they just began blogging because they saw a particular “popular blogger” make six figures blogging. They only went into blogging because of the money. Passion is a key element to successful blogging so you have to make sure you are blogging about your passion. Your passion must not be too insane rather; I mean not what others don’t like. If you blog about what no other person loves then there is no how you can get people to your blog. You have to look for what is closer to your passion and develop a strong affection towards it, in this form it will become part of you soon. It is also very important to blog about your passion so that you will not quit blogging soon.
2. Lack of Creativity: As bloggers, we must be able to be creative and come up with new ideas on our own. Great and successful bloggers don’t just follow the norm, they all have their own ideas, they are creative in one form or the other which is what leads to their success. Many bloggers try to build traffic to their blog using only strategies like blog commenting, social bookmarking e.t.c. Not that all these things don’t work anymore, they work quite effectively but are already saturated so in order to achieve success more easily you have to come up with something different.
3. Greed to earn: Many new bloggers only start blogging with the intention to earn which is why they quit after not earning enough within a short period of time. Your main intention for blogging should not just be to earn or make money from your blog but rather to impact lives, establish yourself as an authority and some other valuable things. You shouldn’t just expect to eat without working; your blog is not just a platform to make you eat while being lazy. Get off yourself that old mentality: “make money doing nothing”. I don’t think it is possible to make money doing nothing, try to give value, build your trust, gain credibility for yourself and you will reap the rewards.
4. Lack of Goal: So many bloggers fail to realize the importance of having goals. A goal is a plan of what you hope to achieve within a specific period of time. You might want to have 1000 daily unique visitors, but when? You have to have a time-frame for goal and you should try as much as possible not to limit yourself with your goal. You should also realize that faith without work is nothing so while setting yourself goals; try to work towards achieving your goal.
5. Lack of personality: You should not fail to realize the importance of personality in your blog; try to be as personal as possible. Blogs are not a medium for scamming, blogs are used to build your credibility and establish yourself. If you think you can just setup a blog with the intention of scamming people, then you are deceiving yourself. Use your real name, add a picture of yourself, don’t use another persons writing style. Be yourself and yourself only. It is also very important to have an about page which will tell your readers more about you. “You cannot be me and I cannot be you, Try to be yourself.”
6. Ignoring SEO: Oh! You want to build that great empire? But you have forgotten that it is only little drops of rain that fills the bucket. You hate Google, you hate Yahoo and you hate all those search engines, you just don’t like them. You are human, so why should you be working for robots. You are not deceiving me, but are only deceiving yourself. Try to learn SEO and use it to your benefit, you will love yourself for it. Another great secret is that search engine traffic is one of the best type of traffic you can ever have because those who come through search engines are very desperate for information and are ready to stay if you give them what they want.
7. Lack of concentration: Many bloggers fail to concentrate on one blog, they move to another one without having success with the first one. Stop building “hundreds” of blogs, focus on one. If you have established your first blog, you can then move to another one. It takes a lot to build a successful blog and concentrating your attention on too many blogs at a time won’t do you any good.
You now see why so many bloggers fail, learn from the above points and try to avoid them as much as possible and I bet you will be successful in “no time”