I made a lot of decisions when entering the new year, but the best so far is displaying my income report: not only because it helps inspire and motivate my readers but because it is what keeps me moving strongly. I also see these monthly income reports as a way to make myself accountable to my readers and in this case failure isn’t an option, I’d rather not stand my income and traffic report decreasing every month.
You might have many reasons for reading these reports but my main reason for writing them is to motivate and inspire you to take action. I’d like you to know that under no circumstance am I comparing my income with that of others or using this avenue to brag because I believe we all have what we’re better at and my approach is different from yours so whether you make more or less than I do has little to do with me. All I care about is having enough to spend and being happy and having a great and growing business that keeps on helping people all over the world.
Some Great News in March
A lot of great things happened in March and it seems I’m becoming happier every month.
A great thing happened in March and that was me being interviewed by supper affiliate blogger Jonathan Volk. I so much respect and look up to Jonathan and being interviewed on his blog was an honor, plus he sent me some cool traffic :). I highly recommend you read the interview here to learn some more things about me.
In March, I was also interviewed along with 9 other experts I look up to on the subject of viral marketing (people like Chris Brogan) and being my first audio interview, I must tell you that was pretty amazing. Even though the interview isn’t perfect I believe I was still able to pass across my points, especially being someone who is very shy when it comes to talking online. I was so good at public speaking before knowing about blogging but after thousands of hours in front of my computer I started hating going out or speaking in the public, and mind you, that doesn’t mean I don’t know how to express myself. I can also be referred to as an Otaku but I’m doing all I can to become better. My point is, being able to perform an audio interview that was listened to by thousands of people was remarkable!
March was also my second month of exceeding the 10,000 monthly visitor mark without any single promotion. I didn’t write a single guest post in March (save for sites with which I’m a weekly contributor) nor did anything to promote my blog so by getting 10,000 visitors despite my doing nothing I’m so happy with where I am. And that is all about to change because I plan to write 30 guest posts for big blogs this month of which I have written 6 and 3 are already guaranteed to publish – with my standards for writing them though, I really doubt if any will be rejected.
Another very important thing that happened in the month of March was me sealing a partnership with James Tayo from Entrepreneur Blogr to market a plugin called Viral List Builder. The main function of the plugin is to help boost your mailing list subscribers by making use of effective referral techniques and, being a partner, I will highly recommend you get the plugin (more on that in future posts though). To buy the plugin or learn more about it, click here. It is damn too cheap for what it does!
I’ve also been getting emails from people wanting me to coach and consult with them and I believe it is high time to stop procrastinating and get something done. I plan to launch my consulting services this month and due to a call I had with Codrut Turcanu on the subject I believe the price will be minimal and affordable for newbies. The consulting service will be covering everything from guest blogging to making money from freelancing to marketing your blog. It will be covering everything I know about blogging and making money online so I’m sure you will love it.
And the biggest news of all, even though I procrastinated a lot on this one, is the release of my new ebook on how I make over $3000 online monthly. The title is a little bit funny though considering the fact that I make as much as $5000 online in some month, but irrespective of that, I’m so sure you will love the ebook because I gave my best to make it better. The ebook is 18 short pages of content. I planned making it around 60 pages but I believe there is no point in beating around the bush when I can easily give the same information in less words so to get the best you can from me on how I make money online DOWNLOAD MY FREE EBOOK ON HOW I MAKE $3000 ONLINE MONTHLY.
Facebook Contest Winners
By partnering with Tonny from AdCouponCodes.com I recently launched a contest in which I said I will be giving away 19 $50 worth of free Facebook ad coupons. I took a look at the comments and manually verified the participants. I discovered only 23 people followed the contest rules rightly and by making use of the tool at Random.org I was able to select 19 winners from the list. Below are the 19 winners, and immediately after publishing this report I will be contacting them with their coupon codes.
1. Benny Hsu
2. Rishiraj Sisodia
3. Semmy Wijayanto
4. Herman Mihai
5. Adam Van Hagen
6. Ileane Smith
7. Fisayo Sanyaolu
8. Mohammad Salman Baig (Techcrates)
9. Luis Delgado
10. Paulina Masson
11. Jonathan Smith
12. Peter Joseph
13. Mighty Raising
14. Eleazar Acampado
15. Ankit Kumar
16. Samuel Ayodele
18. Ryan Biddulph
19. Arun Wilson
Even though I believe I could have gotten more traffic than I did in March it was a great month for me because I did nothing to promote my blog and it shows that there is truly power in writing great blog posts because a lot of my posts did well in the month of March. Below is my traffic screenshot for the month of March.
I was able to get 10,459 visitors in March with 21,376 page views, an average time of 3:17 minutes on site and an overall bounce rate of 61.84%. Below is another screenshot showing the most popular posts for March.
If you take a look at the stats you will notice that posts and pages related to my income and traffic report is dominant and the first most popular post gets traffic from SEO. The second post was a personal story of mine so I believe I have some cool lessons for you today. My resources page was viewed almost 400 times but it hardly brought a sale which means I need a makeover. The most ironic of it though is that my post on getting traffic from Stumbleupon was hardly stumbled. There is a lot to be learned in blogging though and I’ll make sure to keep you informed as soon as I learn something new.
It’s now time to see what my top traffic sources are. Considering the fact that I wrote no guest post last month I now know where my real traffic comes from.
My first traffic source is Google with almost 3000 visitors and considering I haven’t done any SEO or used a keyword research tool for the past 2 months I think this is manageable. My SEO sucks and I haven’t been getting that much traffic from search engines because I’ve not been implementing. That will change soon though because I will start researching my titles carefully while making use of meta tags to see how things go. I will also begin some deep linking and by guest posting more I will see if I can get more backlinks to my homepage or inner pages.
Smart Passive Income still stands strong as far as traffic to this blog is concerned even though my guest post was published on it in February. The reason for this is that the blog rocks and Pat has done a great work to build a respected blog. The traffic to my blog in March from SPI came both from my guest posts and my comments on the blog.
Lessons Learnt From Getting 10k Visitors in March
I learnt a lot in March but taking at look at some of by top posts and traffic sources I think I can give you some more tips to help you get more traffic to your blog.
1. Try to Go More Personal With Your Blog: I haven’t been that personal on this blog because I believe trying to be will make me look egotistical, but it happens I was wrong. One thing though is that it doesn’t matter how good you are at something some people will still complain, so considering that, I think there is nothing bad in being personal. My post on My Journey from a Poor Fatherless Kid to a Successful Blogger did very well its first week bringing in over 200 visitors from Facebook alone and several other visitors from other sites. The post was viewed almost 1,000 times in less than one month and I think that was pretty good. People love to know more about you because that’s the best way to connect and relate with you so try going more personal every once in a while.
2. Social Media Still Works: I wouldn’t have been using Facebook now if I were to consider my sentiments, but thanks to Pat Flynn I was able to make the decision to start using Facebook for my blog and it sent me 500 visitors alone in one month. That is pretty impressive and can be improved and one thing I love the most is sharing a post/website on Facebook only to start seeing a stream of new visitors to it. Facebook works, Twitter works, social media works so start doing your best to get the best from it.
3. Build a Mailing List: I think my third traffic source explains that itself. Or who would want to do away with 600 additional visitors? That could mean 200 more subscribers to your mailing list or 30 new sales to a product of your choice so I believe a mailing list isn’t something to joke with.
4. Focus on Getting Interviews: Do you think Jonathan Volk contacted me to interview me? No. I contacted him and because he saw I had a great story and I was backed up with results he happily ran the interview. Don’t waste any interview opportunity. The day my audio interview went live I saw a rise in the number of visitors to this blog from search engines via the name of this blog and my name, and I doubt if I could track the direct traffic that came from that. It is all about publicity so do your best to get as much of it, anywhere you can.
I believe enough lessons and more action is what rules, so stop reading and start acting. It is time to go into the next important section of this report.
My March Income Report
I set a goal of making $7,000 in March but I couldn’t meet it and I am a little disappointed in myself. Considering the fact that all the money in the world and no happiness means nothing and how happy and balanced I was in March I think I’m happy with myself. This income section is usually the most boring aspect because I don’t have a lot of income sources but I promise all that is about to change and in the coming months you will start seeing a lot of changes. My affiliate earnings isn’t that impressive because I’m not focusing on it. I want to build my list first because I believe I can easily make as much money as I want once I have a big list and with the release of my new ebook I think that will be super easy.
Below is my income breakdown for March 2011.
Writing Services: $4,745
Affiliate and Referral Services: $189
Google Adsense: $9.7
Total March Income: $4,943.70
I plan to step up promotion of the Viral List plugin while focusing on writing a lot of guest posts to build my list. I won’t be able to focus on affiliate marketing due to the difficulty in getting payments in my country. I think I will still focus my efforts on income sources that will guarantee me getting my income. I have a lot of income wasted on sites and affiliate networks that just can’t support me and there is no point in making money I can’t spend.
Lessons i Learnt from Making $4,943.70 in March
Here are some of the lessons I learnt from making almost $5,000 online in March and I hope you all can learn one or two things from it.
1. Focus on What You Know How to Do Best: I have been making thousands of dollars consistently from writing for months now and I don’t plan to slow down anytime soon. In fact, I’m not running out of ideas. I get some emails I no longer reply nowadays because even after all the clarifications and tips I have given some people are still asking me to help them find clients and some other things like that. If truly you’re an expert at what you do and you’ve read my income reports on this blog then I believe it shouldn’t be difficult for you to get clients. I was once reading a status on the Viperchill Facebook Fan Page where someone was asking Glen to give him tips on getting people to hire him as a social media consultant in his country. Glen’s answer was perfect and something I so much resonate with, the answer went in the lines of If you’re truly a social media expert then you don’t need me to give you tips on getting clients, you would have gotten a lot by now. My question now is, why try to help people promote their business on social media when you know nothing about social media? If you can hardly write 3 guest posts in a month and you want big companies to hire you to write for them, you’re on your way to failure and please don’t email me in regards to that!
The best way to get clients is through social proof. Let your work speak for you, let people know that you know what you’re saying and you’re capable of helping them get more results and you will be on your way to go. If you want more tips on getting clients for your business make sure you download my free ebook on how I make $3,000 online monthly – the concept is well explained in it.
I think I will rest my “lesson’s’” here to further support my saying, less reading and more action!
Future Plans For WritersinCharge
I’m planning to redesign this blog towards the second half of this year with the help of my designers at Blazersix.com but in order to get the best from my money while ensuring I don’t waste my designer’s time I have decided to hire an artist friend of mine to help me design a perfect makeover of this site in Photoshop. So instead of leaving my designers to be thinking of what to do I will already have a plan/direction for them on what to do. What I need is your genuine opinion what do you think should be improved on this blog? What do you think should be added or removed from the current design? and what is your overall opinion of the writersincharge design.
Also, make sure you follow me on twitter here.