CHOOSE A NICHE
In our last post we talked about targeting an audience and its importance to achieving an audience, It became clear that without having the right audience then it is not possible to achieve online success. Today, we will be talking about choosing a niche and how it can affect your online business success.
When starting an online business, it is important to choose a niche so as to achieve online business success. There are 4 different types of niche, which are:
1. High competition and High Results: This type of niche has a lot of competition and it also has the ability to help us easily achieve online success.
2. High Competition and Low results: This is a type of niche that has lots of competitors but has a relatively low potential of converting.
3. Low competition and High results: This type of niche is a type in which there is relatively low competition but there is a very high result and potential of converting.
4. Low competition and low results: This is a type of niche in which there is a very low competition and there is very low results and conversion rate.
The rate at which you will achieve online business success now depends on you and the type of niche you choose. Some people like competition and they can easily cope in the midst of competition, for this type of people the first option will be feasible. The niche you choose depends on you and the type of the field. You can easily analyse a niche by following the following steps:
1. Research your keywords using a keyword research tool. A good free keyword research tool is at http://www.keywordindex.com
2. Analyse the competition: Try to do a google search on the keyword you got, if all the pages listed on page 1 are just some forums or articles sites such as ehow or ezine articles then there is every tendecy that the keyword is not competitive, but if the results on the first page are all .edu sites or blogs then you can try to analyse their backlinks by typing the following into the yahoo search engine: linkdomain:http://www.dataentryforall.net (substituting http://www.dataentryforall.net with the name of the domain). If the website has lots of backlinks then you should be prepared to either choose another niche or buckle up and face the competition.
The above are the steps that can be used to research a niche and analyse its competition.
To your online success,
Welcome! I'm Bamidele Onibalusi, a young writer and blogger. I believe writers are unique and highly talented individuals that should be given the respect they deserve. This blog offers practical advice to help you become truly in charge of your writing career.