Do you know that Alibaba just reached 1 million users in the UK?
If you take a proper look at this infographic you will notice a lot of significant growth about Alibaba and how it is doing in the UK compared to other EU countries. If you’re a marketer or you own an e-commerce site you might want to rethink your strategy.
Since Alibaba.com is the world largest online business to business marketplace for small businesses I think there’s definitely a lot to learn from this.
Do You Know That?
Alibaba.com is the world largest online business to business marketplace for small businesses and in the UK membership has just reached one million:
- Membership has grown by 51% year on year
- 29,000 new registered users per month over the past year
- 10.7% of UK members are buying machinery
- 5.8% of members are buying minerals and metallurgy
- 69.9% of members are sourcing their goods from China
- 5.1% of members are sourcing from India
- 1 out of 3 members in the EU are from the UK
The success of Alibaba.com in the UK demonstrates that there is an increasingly healthy appetite for global trade amongst SMEs and this looks set to continue to grow and thrive.
This means you might have to rethink your marketing strategy as a blogger or small business owner and capitalize on the ever-growing UK market.
Infographic Provided by Alibaba.