One of the major keys to blogging success is giving value, but sometimes, no matter how great your post is it still might not get the right attention. Using the right titles and writing your posts the right way can help you get far more results than you ever expect.
This post will be analyzing the top five posts on 4 of the most popular blogs in the world and will also be detailing what makes them popular.
Below are the blogs being analyzed:
1. The five most popular posts on problogger.net
2. The five most popular posts on copyblogger.com
3. The five most popular posts on stevepavlina.com
4. The five most popular posts on dailyblogtips.com
If you take a clear look at the 20 articles listed above, you will discover that a large percentage of them have something in common, I will be analyzing them below.
1. List and How to Posts Works: You will notice that eleven of the twenty posts listed above are list posts.
List post does not necessarily mean one line posts, you can write a post about “10 things to do this or that” and explain each one of your points. List posts are posts that have a number attached to the title.
You will notice many of the above posts are list posts.
How to posts are also very effective; you will also notice that 6 of the above posts are how to posts. How to posts are really effective because it is in this mode that people search for information, many of the searches occurring are in the form: “How to…..”, If you could utilize this properly, you can get better results and more traffic to your blog.
If your how to post ranks well in the search engines then you can definitely begin to get more search engine traffic.
Having being blogging for sometimes, I also notice that list posts get a lot of traction and they can easily create controversy. List posts are also one of the easiest post type you can write and they have the potential to easily go viral.
2. Post Length: Many bloggers do complain that only long and lengthy posts are the popular ones but you will notice that this is not always true, even though a large percentage of these posts are long posts, many of them are not lengthy and you will come to the conclusion that it is not really the length of the posts that made them popular but other factors like the title and the quality of the post.
3. Is Quality Really Important: Many people will argue against the great “content is king”. In the case of the above posts, you will notice that the posts are not just popular because the blogs are big but all of the above posts are really great ones that have one purpose, which is to impact lives.
4. It is in the title: One of the most important things when writing blog posts is to have great titles. Your titles must be able to catch people’s attention and should also be able to arouse the desire to read the post.
It is the post people read hat they will share, no matter how great your post is, if it is not being read then it will not be shared. Writing great titles along with your great posts helps more people read your post which eventually results in more people sharing it.
The above are 4 basic lessons you can learn from the five most popular posts on some of the greatest blogs on the internet, I believe as you apply the lessons learned on your blogs you will begin to get great results.