I love people who inspire me to keep doing more, I love people who make me feel I am not doing enough. If you are a blogger and you know Gloson, you will always be inspired to work hard to move ahead.
This interview is with Gloson Teh and he will be sharing how his journey has been as a 12-year-old entrepreneur. You definitely will love it!
1. Hi Gloson, it is really a pleasure having you as a guest on WritersinCharge, can you pls tell us about yourself, and your blog.
Hi! Thank you very much! I really appreciate the opportunity to be interviewed on your blog! .
My name is Gloson and I’m a 12-year-old blogger from Malaysia. I blog about social media, blogging, tech tips, and sometimes personal stuff. Other than a blogger, I’m a poet who writes funny poetry for kids and a photographer.
2. You’re a 12 year-old-blogger, how is your age affecting you as an entrepreneur?
Well, one thing is – you have limited time because you are busy with your studies as well.
So, one good skill to have as a young entrepreneur is… juggling! No, that
juggling 😛 , but juggling your blogging and studying – you must make sure you make good use
of your limited blogging time doing things that grow your blog.
Another thing is you cannot create your own bank account to make money online because of your age. In that case, you can just ask your parent’s help.
3. Don’t you feel looked down on by other big bloggers/entrepreneurs online and in such case what do you do?
I think I had. In my early days of blogging. I thought I wasn’t good enough.
After some time, I received really encouraging comments from my readers saying that they are amazed by me and my blog is great, and that really motivated me.
So, I continued to write with all my sincerity and enthusiasm. I love all you readers.
4. I always think about you as a young blogger, how do you always get blog post ideas for your blog?
Usually I do my best to find what I can share, that is what I know and what I’ve learned as a blogger and a social media-er.
But if I still cannot find blog ideas, I’ll just step away from the computer and go strolling in the park. Sometimes the best blogging ideas come when you are not at the computer
5. Do you think your background (your parents etc.) has a lot to do with your blogging success?
I think so. My father is an IT guy and knows stuff related to hosting and domain names. So when I don’t know something about those, I can get his help. Also, my mother is very supportive and always gives me advice.
6. Do you think your country is affecting your blog in any way?
Yes, my country Malaysia is very tech-savvy and has been very supportive of my blog. I’ve been featured
in a lot of Malaysian newspapers and other media.
The Prime Minister and the First Lady of Malaysia had also held a press meeting
for me because of my talents in blogging and poetry. I’m really grateful to them.
7. You have over 5000 subscribers to your blog and you get a lot of visitors, how are you able to do this? What is your traffic generation secret?
A lot of my traffic comes from social media sites especially twitter, stumbleupon, facebook, and other blogs.
My traffic secret is: build good relationships with people through social media, like twitter & facebook. Be engaging. Be an active social media user. Do your best to help others.
8. What is your advice to other young entrepreneurs out there?
Follow your passion, your dreams. And then find a good way to make money from it. Don’t give up easily and be patient. Also, be humble, respect others, and give more than you receive! =)
9. My readers will love to learn from you, can you pls tell them about your website and your products?
Currently, I don’t sell blogging products but I’m planning to soon. =)
Other than that, I’ve written and illustrated a funny poetry book Creative & Funny Poetry for Kids. T
he book is priced at $9.97. I also acted out my poems with self-composed music and sound effects, which you can view for free on youtube
. If you have children, I believe they will enjoy it
This is really a great interview and I hope you gained something from this interview with a super-awesome young talent.