As many say, “success is not easy to come by“, but the truth is, the people you associate yourself with and the type of words you hear will affect how fast you can succeed.
If you believe or are surrounded with those who are telling you it is impossible, then it definitely will be impossible but if you believe it is possible and that success is inevitable, then definitely you will succeed.
Since you are affected by what you hear or read, below are 101 great success quotes for you to succeed this year.
1. Action is the foundational key to all success.
2. A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
3. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
4. It’s not enough that I should succeed – others should fail.
5. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
6. In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.
Anthony J. D’Angelo
7. If you want to achieve things in life, you’ve just got to do them, and if you’re talented and smart, you’ll succeed.
8. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There’s no point in being a damn fool about it.
W. C. Fields
9. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
10. I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.
11. I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
12. How can they say my life is not a success? Have I not for more than sixty years got enough to eat and escaped being eaten?
Logan P. Smith
13. Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.
J. Paul Getty
14. Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
15. Failure is success if we learn from it.
16. Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
17. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
18. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
George Edward Woodberry
19. Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.
20. No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.
21. Nothing recedes like success.
23. Pray that success will not come any faster than you are able to endure it.
24. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
25. Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it.
26. Success in almost any field depends more on energy and drive than it does on intelligence. This explains why we have so many stupid leaders.
27. Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
28. Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result.
29. Success is blocked by concentrating on it and planning for it… Success is shy – it won’t come out while you’re watching.
30. Success is dependent on effort.
31. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
32. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
George S. Patton
33. Success is like death. The more successful you become, the higher the houses in the hills get and the higher the fences get.
33. Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction.
34. Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.
Arnold H. Glasow
35. Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.
36. Success is that old ABC – ability, breaks, and courage.
37. Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won’t taste good.
38. The man who has done his level best… is a success, even though the world may write him down a failure.
B. C. Forbes
39. Success is the one unpardonable sin against our fellows.
40. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
41. Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
Arnold H. Glasow
43. The common idea that success spoils people by making them vain, egotistic and self-complacent is erroneous; on the contrary it makes them, for the most part, humble, tolerant and kind.
W. Somerset Maugham
44. The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.
45. The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it is the same problem you had last year.
John Foster Dulles
46. The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.
47. Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
48. The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.
49. Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.
50. The toughest thing about success is that you’ve got to keep on being a success.
51. What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.
52. Few men have the natural strength to honour a friend’s success without envy.
53. The greatest form of maturity is at harvest time.That is when we must learn how to reap without complaint if the amounts are small and how to to reap without apology if the amounts are big.
Failure seems to be regarded as the one unpardonable crime, success as the all-redeeming virtue, the acquisition of wealth as the single worthy aim of life. The hair-raising revelations of skullduggery and grand-scale thievery merely incite others to surpass by yet bolder outrages and more corrupt combinations.
Charles Francis Adams II
54. It is easy to get to the top after you get through the crowd at the bottom. Unless you’re willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won’t happen.
55. We can have more than we’ve got because we can become more than we are.
56. The successful always has a number of projects planned, to which he looks forward. Anyone of them could change the course of his life overnight.
57. There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning and yearning.
– Christopher Morley
58. When a man feels throbbing within him the power to do what he undertakes as well as it can possibly be done, this is happiness, this is success.
Orison Swett Marden
59. Pity the man who inherits a million and isn’t a millionaire.Here’s what would be pitiful,if your income grew and you didn’t.
60. The great successful men of the world have used their imagination, they think ahead and create their mental picture in all its details, filling in here, adding a little there, altering this a bit and that a bit, but steadily building – steadily building.
61. Success doesn’t come to you, you go to it.
62. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
Vincent T. Lombardi
63. Success is a journey, not a destination.
64. If you care at all,you’ll get some results.If you care enough, you’ll get incredible results.
65. The difference between failure and success is doing a thing nearly right and doing a thing exactly right.
66. It’s the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.
67. No one ever attains very eminent success by simply doing what is required of him; it is the amount and excellence of what is over and above the required that determines the greatness of ultimate distinction.
Charles Kendall Adams
68. The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.
69. The most practical, beautiful, workable philosophy in the world won’t work – if you won’t.
70. I believe the greater the handicap, the greater the triumph.
John H. Johnson
71. Unless you change how you are, you will always have what you’ve got.
72. My list of ingredients for success is divided into four basic groups: Inward, Outward, Upward and Onward.
74. Success is not so much what we have as it is what we are.
75. God gives every bird a worm, but he does not throw it into the nest.
76. Possession of the ball is the key to winning in football, basketball, and the game of life.
Laing Burns, Jr.
77. Success is not permanent. The same is also true of failure.
78. Success often comes to those who have the aptitude to see way down the road.
Laing Burns, Jr.
79. There’s no limit to what a man can achieve, if he doesn’t care who gets the credit.
Laing Burns, Jr.
80. Truth, self control, asceticism, generosity, non-injury, constancy in virtue ? these are the means of success, not caste or family.
81. The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore.
82. Most successful men have not achieved their distinction by having some new talent or opportunity presented to them. They have developed the opportunity that was at hand.
83. Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.
-Thomas J. Watson
84. Health, happiness and success depend upon the fighting spirit of each person. The big thing is not what happens to us in life – but what we do about what happens to us.
85. He who is silent is forgotten; he who does not advance falls back; he who stops is overwhelmed; out distanced, crushed; he who ceases to grow becomes smaller; he who leaves off, gives up; the condition of standing still is the beginning of the end.
-Henri Frederic Amiel
85. A successful man continues to look for work after he has found a job.
86. Act as though it is impossible to fail.
87. An Unfailing Success Plan: At each day’s end write down the six most important things to do tomorrow; number them in order of importance, and then do them.
88. As you climb the ladder of success, check occasionally to make sure it is leaning against the right wall.
89. Be self-reliant and your success is assured.
90. Choice, not circumstances, determines your success.
91. Confidence is the companion of success.
92. My goal is to translate response into results. Some teachers teach for others to learn – That’s not me. Some teachers teach for others to accomplish – That is me.
93. Everybody’s a self-made man; but only the successful ones are ever willing to admit it.
94. The most important question to ask on the job is not “what am I getting?” The most important question to ask is “What am I becoming?”
95. If you would live your life with ease; do what you ought, not what you please.
96. Motivation is the fuel, necessary to keep the human engine running.
97. In order to succeed, you must first be willing to fail.
98. It is wise to keep in mind that no success or failure is necessarily final.
99. Life’s real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up.
100. Persistence gives confidence and continued right mental attitude followed by consistent action will bring success. When you have that knowing inside of you, fear has vanished and the obstruction to a life of all good removed.
101.Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it.
Pls, Retweet, digg or stumble this post.